A Responsible Business
Our Environmental Commitments and Corporate Social Responsibility are vital in everything we do at Cables Britain. It applies to our own working practices, the top notch products we supply and the partners or suppliers we choose to work with.
We want to be valued for the products we provide and trusted for the way we work, by exceeding expectations within our industry to demonstrate ethical business practices and high levels of integrity in everything we do. It is why health and safety, environmental protection, human rights, and business ethics are core to CBL’s approach to sustainability.
Our responsibility begins with our employees, we are committed to ensure that all staff are trained, engaged and motivated to work in a safe environment. We have established a structured approach to hazard identification and risk management contributing to a healthier and safer working environment, minimizing accidents and occupational heath problems. We operate to regulatory requirements through enforcing procedures for compliance with legislation.
All levels of the business are involved in the process of hazard identification and risk management, through the setting of objectives, targets and documented responsibilities. The visible way we let all stakeholders know we are dedicated to providing safe working conditions and continuous improvement is by certifying our Occupational Health and Safety management system to BS OHSAS 18001.
At CBL not only are we committed to running an effective and efficient business safely, we also believe in respecting the communities in which we operate. We place particular emphasis on the care and protection of the environment and continuously improve our environmental performance and prevent pollution by:
- Complying with relevant legislation, regulations and other applicable requirements
- Encouraging our suppliers to implement a certified environmental management system that meets the requirements of ISO14001
- Setting realistic objectives and targets for each of our most significant environmental impacts
- Minimising our energy consumption and encouraging the use of less polluting forms of transport whenever possible, through the use of sustainable transport and IT solutions
- Minimising the amount of waste produce through reduction, recovery, recycling and reuse
- Training all employees on environmental issues
- Communicating our Environmental Policy to employees, suppliers, and other stakeholders and promoting environmentally sensitive behaviour
- Regularly reviewing our environmental management system and the effectiveness of our suppliers in areas such as waste and recycling
- Annually monitor and report information on how we are approaching climate change opportunities to the CDP https://www.cdp.net/en
Our Environmental Management System is certified to the internationally recognised ISO 14001 standard and supports continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
Recognised By CDP for Climate Change Performance
CDP motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, giving decision makers the data they need to change market behaviour.
CBL accredited ISO standards certification
A leading UKAS accredited certification body – NQA provide certification, training and support services.
• Cert 4871 9001
• Cert E8937 14001
• Cert H5794 18001